C12 Bass trombone
This amazing instrument has all the sound qualities you would expect from a high end bass trombone but only weighs 4 lbs. Almost all of the weight is centered over the shoulder to allow for stress free playing.
- Carbon fiber bell, tuning slide, outer hand slide, F slide and Gb slide. Total weight of the instrument is 4lbs.
- Double independent rotary valves with bearings for very smooth operation. From Instrument Innovations
- .562 bore or .562/.578 dual bore
- 9.5 inch bell
- Curved Williams style hand brace for more comfort
- Multiple leadpipe options. Our multi threaded design takes both coarse and fine threads. (Shires or Edwards). 2 Long and short carbon fiber leadpipes matched to this horn included.
- Ultra lightweight hand slide. The outer CF slide weighs only 80 grams.
- Butler Speedyflo © water key has a very large opening to allow for quick release of moisture. It does not change the flow of air through the tube as there is no “dimple” on the inside of the tube. It uses an O ring to seal the opening and has a curved shaped plunger that matches the inside wall of the tube. In addition it uses a compression spring for much longer spring life.
Instrument Innovations Bass Rotary Valves play more open than traditional rotary valves without the extra wind required by an axial flow. Ball bearing technology allows lightning fast, smooth, and quiet operation. The pressure releases at half stroke with the venting system, which is only possible because of their precision machining. No lapping required. The rotor rides between bearings which eliminates the abrasion that causes the valve to lose seal.
- Threaded lightweight brass or 3D printed carbon bell rings creating a two piece modular CF bell for ease of travel. ($350 option)
- High luster finish ($250 option)
Carbon Fiber Leadpipes!We build these with a very thin wall to allow for very fast response and great articulation. We offer two sizes for each bore size. Short and long versions. The short version has a wide open sound with very little resistance. The longer version is more focused with slightly more resistance. The threaded “nut” is 3D printed carbon fiber and is very durable. We offer these in course (Shires) or fine (Edwards) threads. https://butlertrombones.com/shop/carbon-fiber-leadpipes/
Douglas Yeo, bass trombone YAMAHA YBL-822 with carbon fiber bell, main tuning slide, hand slide by Butler Trombones
This is not the C12 but the sound is very much the same, (If you play like Doug…)
To read Doug’s blog post about the modifications to his horn go here: The Last Trombone